About Port Hope Heritage Foundation
Incorporated in 2013 The Port Hope Heritage Foundation (PHHF) is a not-for-profit organization with the objective of helping to ensure the preservation of buildings and structures of architectural merit and places of natural beauty or interest in the Municipality of Port Hope.
This is being accomplished through:
- the identification of such structures and locations within the Municipality of Port Hope;
- the collection and preservation of documentation (inclusive of pictures, diagrams, maps and written material) relevant to these structures and locations;
- the development and implementation of educational initiatives, including scholarships, to heighten awareness of the importance of these structures and places;
- the provision of financial assistance, where appropriate and possible, to assist in preservation and restoration as well as in the development of associated skill sets through educational support;
- the acquisition of such structures, where appropriate and feasible;
- the provision of knowledge-based advice for preservation and restoration projects, where possible; and
The advocacy of said activities with government, business and the public at large.
Events, such as the Port Hope House Tour, the Port Hope Garden Tour and other not-charitable fundraising initiatives, provide funding for these vital programs.